2010 population: 2,402
Town Tax Rate: 0.48 / per $100 valuation
Union County Tax Rate: 0.7614 / per $100 valuation
Town of Marshville Utilities: water and sewer, solid waste and recycling
- Highways: U.S. Highway 74, N.C. Highway 205
- Railways: CSX Transportation
Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (KCLT)
Monroe Executive Airport (KEQY)
- Marshville is the site of the Boll Weevil Jamboree, a family oriented event featuring classic cars, music, local crafts and fun for all ages, held the third Saturday in September.
- Parts of the 1985 Oscar-nominated movie The Color Purple were filmed in Marshville. The movie was directed by Steven Spielberg and its cast included Oprah Winfrey and Whoopi Goldberg.
- In June of 2012, the Marshville Museum and Cultural Center opened in the old Town Hall building located at 201 N. Elm Street in downtown Marshville. The Center features exhibits on the history of Marshville, the surrounding area, and its residents.